Breathtaking Free Stock Photos
Images grab the attention of your readers and should be an important part of your website's pages as well as your blog postings. Sometimes it can be difficult to find just the right image you're looking for and most small businesses don’t have a photographer on staff to create that perfect image.
Free stock photos are a great option to create the visual appeal that your customers crave. iStockphoto.com (by Getty Images) and Shutterstock.com are the best known paid stock photo images sites. You can find virtually anything you need on these sites – but they come with a price tag which many small business owners can’t justify.
Fortunately, there’s many free stock image sites where you can find striking images that fit with your website or blog. Here’s a list of the top site sites Nerd Free Marketing turns to when we’re looking for images for our websites.
1. Pexels - the first place I turn when I'm looking for an image.
2. FreeImages.com - They have over 350,000 images available for free.
3. Stock Vault - over 32,000 photos
4. Shutterstock - premium, royalty-free images, videos clips, and music tracks
56. iStockPhoto - premium photo sharing site; the prices vary but it's one of the largest image resources available
6. Free Digital Photos - free and premium stock photos and illustrations for website, advertising and other medium
7. Free Pixels - free stock photos and images
8. Fotolia - another premium site with a pay as you go plan starting at $.75 per photo and subscription plans starting at $.16
Remember to check the terms and conditions of the image you plan to use and properly credit the author/source if required before you use it on your website or give to your web designer for your website.